Taylor Custom Koa Grand Auditorium
Custom Koa Grand AuditoriumBody Length: 20" / Body Width: 16" / Body Depth: 4 5/8"
Taylor's signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
- An original Bob Taylor design introduced in 1994
- Full in the lower register, present in the midrange, and sparkling on the treble strings
- Our most popular shape and a good place to begin your search
Taylors most popular and versatile body shape, the mid-size Grand Auditorium arrived in 1994 bearing refined proportions that fell between a Dreadnought and Grand Concert. While the bigger Dreadnought was traditionally considered a flatpicker’s guitar and the smaller Grand Concert catered to fingerstylists, the GA was designed to deliver on both fronts. The shape produced an original acoustic voice that was big enough to handle medium-strength picking and strumming, yet with impressive balance across the tonal spectrum, especially in the midrange, producing clear, well-defined notes that suited both strumming and fingerstyle playing. The GA’s overall presence tracks well with other instruments both in a studio mix and on stage, and singer-songwriters have embraced its utility both for composing and traveling with one guitar. Many people want a single guitar that can cover a variety of styles, which is why the GA continues to be our bestselling shape. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the multi-dimensional GA won’t let you down.
Players can expect an acoustic voice with exceptional focus, smooth balance, and a splash of top-end chime. Best of all, the tone will continue to blossom over time. In both looks and sound, these guitars promise to reveal their heirloom virtues in deeply satisfying ways.
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle: Tusq Nut, Micarta Saddle
- Bracing: Sitka CV Bracing with Relief Route
- Truss Rod Cover: Hawaiian Koa
- Pickguard: Clear
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Taylor Gold
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Width: 16"
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Black
- Top Finish: Gloss
- Back Config: 2 Piece
- Rosette Size: Koa Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay: 900 Series, MOP (2010)
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss
- Stain/Sunburst: Shaded Edgeburst
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: None
- Heel Cap Binding: Black
- Type of Neck Joint: Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/4"
- Peghead Finish: Gloss
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Headstock Overlay: Hawaiian Koa
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony
- Buttons: Gold