Used Taylor 816ce Builder's Edition Grand Symphony Acoustic-Electric Guitar
USED Excellent Condition
Actual guitar Being Sold in Photos
Leading the way for our newly redesigned Grand Symphony body shape, the Builder’s Edition 816ce highlights the transformative Taylor design philosophy with lovingly crafted contours, an expansive acoustic tone, and player-focused enhancements. The ultimate playing experience begins with Indian rosewood back and sides paired with a Lutz spruce top, offering all the low-end warmth and sparkle you’d expect from the classic rosewood/spruce combination with additional bloom and resonance added by V-Class bracing. But this Builder’s Edition model truly shines in the details, starting with its most significant innovation: the soundport cutaway. Crafted to resemble a partial Florentine cutaway, the design keeps the guitar’s full back intact while still allowing easy access to the high-register frets. The additional soundhole adds a truly new dimension of acoustic sound, creating a wide-angle sound that would fit as well in a classical orchestra as it would a rock band or a fingerstyle solo act. For aesthetics, we’ve appointed this model with a host of our most player-centric features, including figured maple binding with chamfered edges and rosewood edge trim, a single-ring rosette in green abalone, Windansea inlays in shell and mother-of-pearl, and ultra-precise Gotoh 510 tuners in antique gold. The guitar ships with ES2 electronics in a deluxe Taylor hardshell case.
- Scale Length 24-7/8"
- Nut & Saddle Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
- Bracing V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover West African Crelicam Ebony
- Pickguard West African Crelicam Ebony
- Number of Frets 20
- Tuners Gotoh
- Case Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length 20"
- Body Width 16 1/4"
- Body Depth 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment Rock Maple
- Top Finish Silent Satin
- Back Config 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish None
- Rosette Size Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay None
- Back/Side Finish Silent Satin
- Armrest Binding None
- Backstrap Wood None
- Rosette Mat. Abalone
- Stain/Sunburst Natural
- Wedge None
- Armrest no
- Neck Width 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay Windansea
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment West African Crelicam Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint Scarf
- Neck/Heel Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish Satin
- Heel Length 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish Satin
- Peghead Binding West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Type Standard
- Peghead Purfling Maple
- Headstock Overlay West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay Windansea
- Peghead Logo Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins West African Crelicam Ebony
- Buttons Gold
- Fingerboard Ext None
- Edge Trim Maple/Indian Rosewood