Taylor K14CE Builders Edition Koa Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Actual guitar Being Sold in Photos
This stunning Grand Auditorium from our new Builder’s Edition collection features Hawaiian koa back and sides paired with a torrefied Sitka spruce top. The guitar was inspired by our groundbreaking V-Class bracing, which boosts the volume evenly across the tonal spectrum, increases the sustain, and improves the natural intonation of the guitar by creating a more orderly response from the soundboard. The result is a more harmonious relationship between the notes you play, helping chords sing with cohesive beauty. Another design emphasis of Builder’s Edition is enhanced playing comfort in the form of ergonomic new body contours. Details include a beveled armrest, beveled body edge treatment, and a reshaped cutaway that flows smoothly into the heel and incorporates a finger bevel where the cutaway meets the soundboard. This creates a more fluid path to the guitar’s upper-register notes for your fretting hand. Other refined touches include “silent” satin finish, which helps quiet the incidental noise against the guitar body, and a gorgeous new Kona burst that highlights the natural beauty of the figured koa back and sides. Inset koa/paua top and back trim adds a beautiful sparkle that complements the new Spring Vine fretboard inlay. In every way, this K14ce acoustic guitar embodies the ultimate player’s guitar and testifies to the benefits of innovative craftsmanship.
- Scale Length 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover West African Crelicam Ebony
- Pickguard None
- Number of Frets 20
- Tuners Gotoh
- Case Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length 20"
- Body Width 16"
- Body Depth 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment West African Crelicam Ebony
- Top Finish Silent Satin
- Back Config 2 or 3 piece
- Backstrap Finish None
- Rosette Size Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay None
- Back/Side Finish Silent Satin
- Armrest Binding Beveled, inset Koa/Paua
- Backstrap Wood None
- Rosette Mat. Koa/Fiber/Paua
- Stain/Sunburst Kona Burst
- Wedge None
- Armrest yes
- Neck Width 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay Spring Vine
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment West African Crelicam Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish Satin
- Heel Length 3-1/4"
- Peghead Finish Satin
- Peghead Binding West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Type Standard
- Peghead Purfling Koa
- Headstock Overlay West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay Spring Vine
- Peghead Logo Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins West African Crelicam Ebony
- Buttons Gold
- Fingerboard Ext None
- Edge Trim Koa/Paua/Koa