Taylor Custom Grand Auditorium Pao Ferro Acoustic Guitar
Actual guitar Being Sold in Photos
Rare custom build
Custom Grand Auditorium
Taylor's most popular and versatile body shape, the mid-size Grand Auditorium arrived in 1994 bearing refined proportions that fell between a Dreadnought and Grand Concert. While the bigger Dreadnought was traditionally considered a flatpicker’s guitar and the smaller Grand Concert catered to fingerstylists, the GA was designed to deliver on both fronts. The shape produced an original acoustic voice that was big enough to handle medium-strength picking and strumming, yet with impressive balance across the tonal spectrum, especially in the midrange, producing clear, well-defined notes that suited both strumming and fingerstyle playing. The GA’s overall presence tracks well with other instruments both in a studio mix and on stage, and singer-songwriters have embraced its utility both for composing and traveling with one guitar. Many people want a single guitar that can cover a variety of styles. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the multi-dimensional GA won’t let you down.
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Top: European Spruce
- Back/Sides: Pau Ferro Custom Set
- Nut & Saddle: Tusq Nut, Micarta saddle
- Bracing: Performance Bracing
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Ebony
- Pickguard: None
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Taylor Gold
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Width: 16"
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Ebony
- Top Finish: Gloss
- Back Config: 2 piece no wedge
- Rosette Size: 700 Series Bias Douglas Fir
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss
- Rosette Mat. Douglas Fir
- Neck Width: 1-11/16"
- Fretboard Inlay: Diamonds, Mini Mother of Pearl
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/4"
- Peghead Finish: Gloss
- Peghead Binding: None
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony