For a while maple might have been a bit misrepresented in the acoustic world, developing a reputation for being too bright for some, and lacking the richer character of other classic tonewoods. But historically, maple has actually been one of the classic tonewoods for other stringed instruments in the violin family. Taylor has revoiced its maple 600s to re-introduce its true voice to guitar players, and the results have been amazing. If you have preconceptions about maple, check them at the door, because these guitars deliver plenty of the warmth, depth, richness and sustain your ears crave in an acoustic guitar, without losing the clarity and transparency that allows maple to reflect the player and fit into a mix with other instruments.
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle: Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
- Bracing: Grand Orchestra Bracing
- Truss Rod Cover: Ebony
- Pickguard: Striped Ebony
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Medium
- Body Length: 20 5/8"
- Body Width: 16 3/4"
- Body Depth: 5"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Ebony
- Top Finish: Gloss 3.5
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: Gloss
- Rosette Size: 2014 800 Series
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss 3.5
- Backstrap Wood: Ebony with Inlay
- Rosette Mat. Ebony/Ivoroid/Abalone
- Stain/Sunburst: Brown Sugar
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Ivoroid Wings
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel: Hard Rock Maple
- Fretboard Wood: Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-7/8
- Peghead Finish: Gloss
- Peghead Binding: Ebony
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Buttons: Nickel