You are viewing pictures of the actual guitar being sold!
Our most popular and versatile body shape, the mid-size Grand Auditorium arrived in 1994 bearing refined proportions that fell between a Dreadnought and Grand Concert. While the bigger Dreadnought was traditionally considered a flatpicker’s guitar and the smaller Grand Concert catered to fingerstylists, the GA was designed to deliver on both fronts. The shape produced an original acoustic voice that was big enough to handle medium-strength picking and strumming, yet with impressive balance across the tonal spectrum, especially in the midrange, producing clear, well-defined notes that suited both strumming and fingerstyle playing. The GA’s overall presence tracks well with other instruments both in a studio mix and on stage, and singer-songwriters have embraced its utility both for composing and traveling with one guitar. Many people want a single guitar that can cover a variety of styles, which is why the GA continues to be our bestselling shape. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the multi-dimensional GA won’t let you down.
- Scale Length 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle TUSQ, BLACK, Saddle: MICARTA
- Bracing V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover WOOD, WEST AFRICAN EBONY
- Pickguard NONE
- Number of Frets 20
- Tuners TAYLOR GOLD
- Case TAYLOR DELUXE HARD SHELL CASE, BROWN
- Brand of Strings ELIXIR PHOSPHOR BRONZE LIGHT
- Body Length 20"
- Body Width 16"
- Body Depth 4 5/8"
- Back/Sides BOCOTE
- Top LUTZ SPRUCE
- Binding/Edge Treatment WEST AFRICAN EBONY
- Top Finish GLOSS, 3.5 MIL
- Back Config 2-PIECE, NO WEDGE
- Backstrap Finish NONE
- Rosette Size SINGLE RING, BOUND SOUND HOLE
- Bridge Inlay NONE, N/A
- Back/Side Finish 7.0 MIL
- Armrest Binding NONE
- Backstrap Wood NONE
- Rosette Mat. SHELL, PAUA
- Stain/Sunburst NONE
- Wedge NONE
- Armrest NONE
- Neck Width 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay ELEMENT, SHELL, MOTHER OF PEARL
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment WOOD, WEST AFRICAN EBONY
- Heel Cap Binding WOOD, WEST AFRICAN EBONY
- Type of Neck Joint SCARF
- Neck/Heel NEO-TROPICAL MAHOGANY
- Fretboard Wood WEST AFRICAN EBONY, SMOKY
- Neck Finish SATIN
- Heel Length 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish GLOSS
- Peghead Binding NONE
- Peghead Type PADDLE - STANDARD
- Peghead Purfling NONE
- Peghead Inlay NOUVEAU, SHELL, MOTHER OF PEARL / PAUA
- Peghead Logo SHELL, MOTHER OF PEARL
- Bridge Pins WOOD, WEST AFRICAN EBONY WITH GREEN ABALONE DOTS
- Buttons Buttons: GOLD
- Fingerboard Ext NONE
- Edge Trim .015" BLACK /.040" ON-EDGE GRAINED IVOROID /.015" BLACK / .040" ON-EDGE GRAINED IVOROID /.015" BLACK