Fender 70th Anniversary Esquire Surf Green w/Maple Fingerboard
You are viewing pictures of the actual guitar being sold!
The very first solid-body electric guitar offered by Fender in 1950 was the Esquire. With an elegant single-cutaway silhouette, adjustable 3-saddle bridge and a lone, repurposed lap-steel pickup in the bridge position – the Esquire laid the groundwork for all solidbody electric guitars to follow and foreshadowed its more famous sibling, the Telecaster.
Like the earliest Esquire models, the 70th Anniversary Esquire features a pine body – a lightweight wood known for punchy and complex tone – and upgrades it with our roasting treatment, greatly improving the resonance of the body. Other features include a lacquer finish, thick “U”-shaped neck, Tim Shaw-designed Esquire bridge pickup – inspired by an original ’50 Esquire from Songbirds Museum in Chattanooga, TN - special anniversary neck plate and tweed case.
Production of the 70th Anniversary Esquire will be limited to 2020 only.
- Roasted Pine body
- One-piece maple neck with 7.25” radius fingerboard and 21 vintage-tall frets
- Tim Shaw Designed Esquire bridge pickup
- Esquire Tone Circuit
- Custom neckplate
- Body Material Roasted Pine
- Body Finish Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape Telecaster®
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape '50 Broadcaster® "U"
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material Maple
- Fingerboard Radius 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets 21
- Fret Size Vintage Tall
- Nut Material Bone
- Nut Width 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup Tim Shaw Designed Esquire Bridge Pickup
- Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge (Tone control off), Position 2. Bridge (Tone control on), Position 3. Bridge (Tone control off, preset treble roll-off)
- Configuration S
- Bridge 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Solid Barrel Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Vintage-Style
- Pickguard 1-Ply White
- Control Knobs Knurled Dome
- Strings Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag Deluxe Hardshell