PRS John Mayer J-MOD 100-Watt Head in Stealth Tube Amplifier
Wide tonal range
PRS designed the J-MOD 100's tone stack for wide, spread-out tone that is huge and clear. In addition to Treble, Mid, and Bass controls, a Bright switch is available to add top-end sparkle (or compensate for dark humbucking pickups). A Presence control adds in-your-face immediacy to your sound. Ultimately, John Mayer wanted this amp to be a blank sonic canvas, ready to highlight all the nuances and subtleties of his playing style. Spend some time with the J-MOD 100, and you'll find a world of expressive possibilities — and no matter how you end up shaping your tone, it's sure to retain incredible articulation and punch.
World-class craftsmanship inside and out
Inside the J-MOD 100 John Mayer Signature amp are five separate circuit boards, as opposed to one single board that can flex during transport. The traces on the boards are oversized for maximum signal integrity. And top-shelf components are used throughout, including a Cinemag Texas 100 output transformer and high-end capacitors in the preamp section. Guitarists at Sweetwater agree the result is a rich, highly shapable sound with incredible detail and harmonic richness.
Designed with long-term use in mind
Guitarists like John Mayer need to be able to maintain their gear without unnecessary headaches. The PRS J-MOD 100 John Mayer Signature amp makes it easy to access the mains fuse, B+ fuse, and bias points directly from the back panel of the amplifier. You'll be able to make necessary adjustments without opening up the entire amplifier. And if you want to experiment with the tone of different tubes, you're in luck — the J-MOD 100 can accept many different tube types including EL34, 6CA7, and KT77 (requires re-biasing).
PRS J-MOD 100 John Mayer Signature Tube Amplifier Head Features:
- Designed with John Mayer to be his go-to amp for performance and recording
- 100-watt, single-channel design with switchable gain stage for lead tones
- Series effects loop for incorporating reverb and other effects
- Cinemag Texas 100 output transformer for harmonically rich output
- Easy to maintain thanks to rear-panel access points for fuses and biasing
- 2-button footswitch included (Effects Loop/Gain Boost)
- Type: Tube
- Number of Channels: Single channel
- Total Power: 100W
- Preamp Tubes: 4 x 12AX7
- EQ: 3-band EQ
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4"
- Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (4/8 ohms), 1 x 1/4" (16 ohms)
- Effects Loop: Yes
- Footswitch I/O: Multi-pin jack (2-button footswitch included)
- Features: External bias jacks (re-bias for EL34, KT77)
- Construction Material: Pine with Black Tolex
- Power Supply: Standard IEC AC cable
- Height: 10”
- Width: 26"
- Depth: 10"
- Weight: 39.8 lbs.