Taylor 514ce V-Class Grand Auditorium w/Hardshell Case
Actual guitar Being Sold in Photos
Cedar’s warm midrange overtones and quick response make it a coveted top wood among fingerstylists and other players with a lighter touch. On this mahogany/cedar cutaway Grand Auditorium, V-Class bracing lifts those sonic virtues to new heights, serving up an even more powerful all-around response with billowing sustain. Add to that the bundle of sonic refinements that V-Class brings, including more powerful notes all the way up the fretboard and greater in-tuneness between the notes (thanks to a more orderly response from the top), and you’ve got a guitar that can cover a lot of ground. Mahogany’s naturally dry, focused voice emphasizes the midrange, lending a warm, clear punch that strummers, blues players will especially appreciate. Appointments include faux tortoise shell binding and pickguard, a faux tortoise/ivoroid rosette, and our striking Century fretboard inlay scheme in grained ivoroid with a new peghead inlay to complement the motif. With onboard Taylor ES2 electronics, you can count on natural-sounding amplified acoustic tone whenever you need it. The guitar also features a Venetian cutaway for upper-fretboard access, and ships in a deluxe hardshell case.
- Scale Length 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover Black Plastic
- Pickguard Tortoise
- Number of Frets 20
- Tuners Taylor Nickel
- Case Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length 20"
- Body Width 16"
- Body Depth 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment Tortoise
- Top Finish Gloss
- Back Config 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish None
- Rosette Size Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay None
- Back/Side Finish Gloss
- Armrest Binding None
- Backstrap Wood None
- Rosette Mat. Grained Ivoroid/Tortoise/Grained Ivoroid
- Stain/Sunburst Medium Brown Stain Back/Sides/Neck
- Wedge None
- Armrest no
- Neck Width 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay Century
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment West African Crelicam Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish Satin
- Heel Length 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish Gloss
- Peghead Binding None
- Peghead Type Standard
- Peghead Purfling None
- Headstock Overlay West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay Century
- Peghead Logo Grained Ivoroid
- Bridge Pins West African Crelicam Ebony
- Buttons Nickel
- Fingerboard Ext None
- Edge Trim None