You are viewing pictures of the actual guitar being sold!
Aesthetically elegant with subtly tone enhancing details, the 614ce is a completely unique guitar in the already diverse Taylor family.
On any guitar - the engine of the whole operation is the bracing, and this has been completely revolutionized by Taylor Master Builder Andy Powers’ V-Class bracing, a system which boosts volume evenly across the tonal spectrum, whilst increasing sustain and improving the natural intonation of the instrument by the creation of a more symbiotic response from the soundboard.
In essence this fosters a more harmonious relationship between the notes you play, helping chords to unfurl and bloom like never before.
Through the cutting-edge process of torrefaction, Taylor have brought a warm, played-in tone straight out of the box, framed stunningly both visually and sonically with brown sugar stained maple back and sides that helps cast a spotlight on every nuance of your playing, without being overly present. With Maple, what you put in is what you get out, and now we have transparency on a whole new level.
- Scale Length 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover West African Crelicam Ebony
- Pickguard West African Crelicam Ebony
- Number of Frets 20
- Tuners Taylor Nickel
- Case Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length 20"
- Body Width 16"
- Body Depth 4 5/8"
- Back/Sides Maple
- Top Sitka Spruce
- Binding/Edge Treatment West African Crelicam Ebony
- Top Finish Gloss 4.5
- Back Config 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish Gloss
- Rosette Size Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay None
- Back/Side Finish Gloss 4.5
- Armrest Binding None
- Backstrap Wood Match Binding
- Rosette Mat. Paua
- Stain/Sunburst Brown Sugar
- Wedge None
- Armrest no
- Neck Width 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay Grained Ivoroid Wings
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment West African Crelicam Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel Hard Rock Maple
- Fretboard Wood West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish Satin
- Heel Length 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish Gloss
- Peghead Binding West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Type Standard
- Peghead Purfling Ivoroid
- Headstock Overlay West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay Grained Ivoroid Wings
- Peghead Logo Grained Ivoroid
- Bridge Pins West African Crelicam Ebony
- Buttons Nickel
- Fingerboard Ext None
- Edge Trim None