Taylor 714ce Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Actual guitar Being Sold in Photos
A versatile instrument suitable for a range of musical applications, the Grand Auditorium 714ce boasts a rich and dynamic voice. The Lutz spruce top responds with the sonic power and headroom of old-growth Adirondack spruce, with an extra splash of warmth across the tonal spectrum. Together with Taylor’s patented V-Class bracing scheme and solid Indian rosewood back and sides, this guitar resonates with spectacular power, clarity and sustain. One of the most inspiring attributes of the bracing architecture is the noticeably enhanced in-tuneness of the notes, with more harmonic agreement among chords and extra girth in upper-register notes. The result is a balanced, textured sound that’s rich in tonal nuance with enough dynamic range to support hard hitters and soft pickers alike. Aesthetically, the 714ce sports an aesthetic that balances rootsy and refined elements, featuring wood-rich details like koa binding, a herringbone-style Douglas fir/maple rosette, and bias-cut Douglas fir top trim, along with abalone Reflections fretboard and peghead inlays and a “weathered brown” pickguard. The guitar ships with ES2 electronics in a deluxe hardshell case.
- Scale Length 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover Black Plastic
- Pickguard Weathered Brown
- Number of Frets 20
- Tuners Taylor Nickel
- Case Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length 20"
- Body Width 16"
- Body Depth 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment Non Figured Koa
- Top Finish Gloss
- Back Config 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish None
- Rosette Size 2016 3-Ring
- Bridge Inlay None
- Back/Side Finish Gloss
- Armrest Binding None
- Backstrap Wood None
- Rosette Mat. Douglas Fir Herringbone
- Stain/Sunburst None
- Wedge None
- Armrest no
- Neck Width 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay Reflections
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment West African Crelicam Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish Satin
- Heel Length 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish Gloss
- Peghead Binding None
- Peghead Type Standard
- Peghead Purfling None
- Headstock Overlay West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay Reflections
- Peghead Logo Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins West African Crelicam Ebony
- Buttons Nickel
- Fingerboard Ext None
- Edge Trim Douglas Fir Herringbone