Developed in 1955 by Robert Carr, the Buffet R13 Bb Clarinets (BC1131-2-0*) are the world's most popular professional clarinets and perform well for all types of musicians. The R13 is a clarinet with unparalleled flexibility, focus, response and a lively sound. The body of the R13 clarinet is made from hand selected and stained grenadilla wood and features a poly-cylindrical bore which provides for better focus in the tone and effects more "ring". Each R13 is complete with a leather covered wood case and all necessary care accessories. The Buffet R13 Bb Clarinet with Silver Plated Keys is crafted from carefully selected stained grenadilla wood. The R13 Clarinet features undercut toneholes, power-forged keywork preplated in copper and finished in silver plate, 17 keys and 6 rings, hand-burnished polycylindrical bore, silver-plated adjustable thumb rest, double fish skin pads. Throughout its long history Buffet Crampon has developed the most complete range of clarinets, while always taking musicians', conductors', and composers' requirements into consideration. Developed in 1955 under the guidance of Robert Carre, the R13 clarinet quickly became the legendary choice of professional musicians. Musicians are charmed by the R13's rich and focused sound, its power in all registers and its flexibility. The Buffet R13 Clarinet is suitable for all types of musicians: symphony or chamber music, soloists, teachers, those in marching bands, students and amateurs. Most clarinetists purchasing an instrument with this level of distinction have particular preferences in terms of mouthpieces, so the Tosca Bb Clarinet is priced and shipped without one. A fine quality French-made HB ligature is included. The HB is a silver-plated metal ligature that is very easy-blowing and provides a round, centered and brilliant sound as well as a superior detach? in the upper register. NOTE: Buffet does not include a mouthpiece with this instrument.
Hand-selected clarinets directly from Buffet to provide you with the best instruments to choose from. All selected R13 clarinets are fully upgraded at RMS with premium pads, bumpers and detailed keywork so they sound and feel their very best. they look for clarinets which have the following qualities:
- A rich, resonant tone and a sweet core (a clarinet that ?sings?)
- Evenness of scale and resistance
- A sound that exhibits a large spectrum of colors
- Tenons?are checked and adjusted for proper fit.
- All?pads?are replaced to improve response and evenness throughout the entire instrument. We use a combination of synthetic and leather pads.
- All?bumpers?are replaced with more durable and reliable materials for optimal mechanism performance.
- The?mechanisms?are adjusted for crisp and even key action (spring tension is balanced and keys/rings are checked for proper height.)
- Tones holes?are resurfaced (as needed) to guarantee an optimal seal.
- Final?play testing?of the clarinet and final adjustments are made.